Sunday 30 August 2015

ACCEPTING GENEROSITY

Ever wondered if you are comfortable with generosity?Recently I was faced with a situation that made me think about this. I consider myself a fairly generous person and am ever grateful for kindnesses that are offered to me too...
Sometimes its hard to search for GOOD in a gift, but that's the beauty of it, if you search well enough you will find Good in it.
Often, I don't know how to handle some of it, but I have been brought up to acknowlege such acts and more importantly appreciate them.
So when I gift, I am usually just expressing my love and care and not looking for reciprocity or favours in return and so do not expect the reciever to react unfavourably. A short thankyou is more than enough for me. However, there have been occasions when you have been gifted something you ABHOR or do not want. Have you curbed your reactions and accepted them with grace and dignity or do you then immediately express your dislike and return the gift or make the other squirm for having even tried?
There could be a million reasons for being unaccepting....ranging from dislike for the person to not liking the waste of money and effort, to not liking the gift itself and expecting something more akin to your taste or value...and to finally not wanting to feel obliged. But my question is shouldn't you be graceful and magnanimous in your acceptance?....
I think it is a privilege to be a giver and a greater one to recieve.
But to say 'thank you' is a great quality to have and cultivate or learn and one that will not diminish your dignity...in fact it enhances your personality. Accepting gifts graciously is as important as giving them. It’s the completion of the heart’s transaction.Sometimes it’s just knowing that you are thought of by someone who stopped his or her own life long enough to appreciate yours.
Accept it with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment